The Best Brown Sugar Beer Cookies You'll Ever Make
Ah...few things go better together than cookies + beer. Am I right? And this cold January weather has given us the itch to bake!
If you know us at all, you know we're always on the hunt for a new recipe to experiment with. Variety is the spice of life!
Perusing the interwebs for some baking inspo, we stumbled on a few beer-sweets recipes that left us intrigued. Craving a warm cookie (and cookie dough), we combined a few ideas to create the yumminess that is below!
While you could use any brown flavorful beer, we used our recently tapped Altbier, which gave the soft brown sugar beer cookies a very mild, barely there, beer flavor. Perfect for what we were looking for!
A few secrets to creating these bad boys...
1. Don't overmix!
2. Don't use self-rising flour.
3. Chill for at least 30 min before popping in the oven.
4. Sip the remaining beer while baking. :)
Okay, that's enough! Check out the recipe below and let us know what you think!
OFF MAIN BROWN SUGAR BEER COOKIES
3/4 cup unsalted butter softened
1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
1 large egg yolk
1/3 cup altbier
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp corn starch
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
Raw sugar or large white sugar sprinkles
1. Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, corn starch, salt and cinnamon together in large bowl. Set aside.
2. Cream together the butter and sugar with a mixer.
3. Add egg yolk, beer and vanilla. Mix until combined.
4. Add sifted dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
5. Chill dough for 30-60 minutes.
6. Preheat over for 325 degrees.
7. Roll dough into balls the size of 2 tbsp.
8. Roll dough balls into raw sugar or coarse sugar sprinkles
9. Place on baking sheet 2-3 inches apart and press down with the bottom of a sugared pint glass.
10. Bake for 12-15 minutes until outside edges are barely golden brown and the middle of the cookie is set.
11. Serve warm with cold beer!